Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- The THANK YOU HAWKERS PHOTO COMPETITION 2021 (the “Contest”) is organised by the National Heritage Board (the “Organiser”).
- By entering the Contest, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, including any amendments thereto (the “T&Cs”).
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the T&Cs from time to time, and modify, cancel or suspend the Contest at its sole discretion at any time. Notice of any such amendments, cancellations or suspensions will be posted on the Contest website at www.oursgheritage.gov.sg/tyhpctnc.
- The Contest is open to persons who are:
- Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents;
- residing in Singapore;
- at least 18 years of age as at 7 February 2021; and
- who are not employees of the Organiser, or the immediate family members of such employees.
Submission of Entries
- The Contest is open for submission of entries from 11 January 2021, 0000 to 7 February 2021, 2359 (Singapore Time) (“Contest Period”).
- To submit a valid entry for the Contest, you must:
- follow the Instagram account: @SGHawkerCulture;
- take a photograph/photographs that represents the people, food, practices and places of Hawker Culture in Singapore (please note that drawings and/or graphic illustrations will not be accepted); and
- post the photograph(s) to your Instagram account and ensure that:
- your Instagram profile is set to “public”;
- you include a caption with a minimum of 50 characters, of the theme: How you appreciate the effort our hawkers put in to deliver delicious and affordable food; and
- you tag the post with “@SGHawkerCulture” and include “#OurSGHeritage”, “#SGHawkerCultueContest” and “#ThankYouHawkers” in your caption.
- You may submit multiple entries, but can win only one (1) prize.
- Entries must be submitted within during the Contest Period. Entries submitted after 2359 on 7 February 2021 will not be accepted.
- By submitting an entry:
- you represent and warrant that you are the authorised owner of the Instagram account used to submit the entry;
- you represent and warrant that the entry is original and you are the sole owner of the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the entry;
- you represent and warrant that the entry has not been used for commercial purposes, published previously or submitted for other contests, locally or abroad;
- you agree that the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the entry shall vest solely in the Organiser from the point at which the entry is submitted, without compensation;
- you agree that the Organiser will credit you in any use of the entry, and may disclose your name and particulars of the entry for publicity purposes;
- if the entry is selected as a winning entry, you agree to cooperate and participate in publicity activities (including photographs, videos or interviews) if required by the Organiser; and
- you confirm that you are not in violation of any law or regulations by entering the Contest.
- The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Instagram, and you agree to release Instagram from any claims. Questions, comments or feedback relating to the Contest are to be addressed to the Organiser only and not to Instagram. You also acknowledge that by opening an account with and using the services, products or features of Instagram, you are responsible for complying with the terms and conditions of these platforms and the Organiser shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for such account and usage.
Judging of Entries and Prizes
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry which does not comply with the T&Cs or are deemed to be of poor quality, incomplete, illegible, incomprehensible, fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate in the sole and absolute opinion of the Organiser.
- All decisions by the Organiser relating to the Contest are final. The Organiser is not obliged to provide reasons concerning the selection of the winning entries or entertain any appeals whatsoever.
- The Organiser will select up to 3 winning entries and 5 consolation prizes, for the following prizes:
- For Top 3 winning entries:
- Grand Prize: $400 Capitaland Vouchers and Hawker themed merchandises;
- First Runner-up: $300 Capitaland Vouchers and Hawker themed merchandises; and
- Second Runner-up: $200 Capitaland Vouchers and Hawker themed merchandises.
- For 5 consolation prizes:
- Hawker themed merchandises.
- All winners will be notified individually by private message (PM) via @SGHawkerCulture’s Instagram Direct. The winners will be required to provide such information as may be requested by the Organiser (including but not limited to full name and address) .
- If any winner cannot be contacted by the Organiser or does not respond to the notification by the Organiser within five (5) days, the Organiser reserves the right to select a replacement winner or forfeit the prize, and the originally selected winner shall not be entitled to any payment or compensation from the Organiser.
- The Organiser will display the names of the confirmed winners and their posts on the Contest website.
- The Organiser will make arrangements for delivery of the prize to the winner’s address.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Unless otherwise stated, the winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred in relation to the acceptance of the prize.
- The Organiser makes no warranties, representations or guarantees either expressed or implied regarding any prize, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry, forfeit and/or reclaim any prize at any time if the Organiser deems that there has been a breach of the T&Cs by any winner, whether discovered during or after the Contest Period.
- The Organiser may in its sole and absolute discretion substitute, withdraw and/or cancel any prizes or make changes to the value and/or number of prizes at any time without prior notice. The Organiser is not obliged to provide reasons and shall not be liable for any payment or compensation to any person due to such changes.
Liability and Indemnity
- To the fullest extent permissible under law, the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss, damage, liability, injury or costs and expenses relating to any person’s participation in the Contest, including but not limited to any changes to the prizes, disqualification of entries, any winner’s acceptance and use of his/her prize and any delay, cancellation, failure or omission on the Organiser’s part to carry out the Contest whether due to force majeure events or otherwise.
- You agree to indemnify the Organiser and hold the Organiser harmless from and against all liabilities, losses, damages, proceedings, suits, actions, claims and demands, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) and expenses whatsoever suffered or incurred by the Organiser relating to or arising from or in connection with any breach of the T&Cs by you.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore for every purpose and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Version dated 11 January 2021. If you have any questions regarding the Contest, please send your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org